Iran is known for its vast reserves of high-quality travertine, and the country is one of the major producers and exporters of this stone.
According to the experts of Aron Marble Company, Iranian travertine is highly sought after for its unique colors, including beige, cream, white, brown, and even red hues. The stone’s variations in color and veining patterns make it a popular choice for both interior and exterior applications.
Characteristics of Iranian Travertine
- Color: Iranian travertine can exhibit a range of colors, including beige, ivory, cream, light brown, and even gold. These colors are often interspersed with different veining patterns, creating a visually appealing stone surface.
- Veining: Travertine typically features veins and bands that run through the stone, adding natural beauty and character to its appearance. These veins can be subtle or more pronounced, depending on the specific type and grade of travertine.
- Finish: Iranian travertine is available in various finishes, such as honed, polished, tumbled, brushed, and filled. Each finish imparts a different texture and appearance, making it suitable for various design styles.
- Applications: Iranian travertine is used for both indoor and outdoor applications. It is commonly used for flooring, wall cladding, countertops, backsplashes, and other decorative elements. It is also a popular choice for pool surrounds and outdoor paving due to its ability to stay relatively cool under sunlight.
- Durability: Travertine is a durable stone, but it is not as hard as granite or some types of marble. It may be susceptible to scratching and staining, especially if not properly sealed and maintained. However, with the right care, it can last for many years.
Travertine mines of Iran
Central province is one of Iran’s stone mining centers, Like Isfahan province.
Aron Marble experts believe this province has travertine mines and supplies a significant part of Iran’s needs and exports.
Mahlat is one of the cities of Central province that has a very high variety of mines. And it is known in the world.
This variety includes granite and marble, Traonyx and Limestone mines in this province. In addition, Yazd, East and West Azerbaijan provinces also have travertine mines.
Travertine stone in various colors is extracted from the mines of these three provinces.
Price of Travertine stone
The stone price is influenced by factors such as the presence of waves in the stone, stone color, quality and analysis, quality grade, porosity, diameter and dimensions, the type of processing and cutting.
According to the experts of Aron Marble Company, the brighter and more transparent the travertine color is, the higher its price will be.
White and streaked travertines are among the most valuable and expensive types available in the market, and Abbas Abad travertine found in Central Province is one of the most popular types of travertine because of this feature.
Aron Marble experts believe, Iranian travertine is well-regarded in the international market for its quality, unique appearance, and affordability compared to some other natural stones.
It is widely used in residential and commercial projects worldwide, especially in regions where its color palette and aesthetics align with the desired design.
it is essential to work with reputable suppliers and ensure proper installation and maintenance to get the best results and preserve the beauty of Iranian travertine in architectural and design applications.
Aron Marble Company can advise you in a basic way to choose and buy travertine stones and provide you with travertine in different colors, models and sizes.